Apr 29, 2013
"The Ritual of the Racehorses" at Kamigamo Shrine
May 5th start from 14:00
The horse race (in Japan) is said to originate from this shrine. This ritual became popular during the 11th century and has continued until today. It is designated by the City of Kyoto as an. "Intangible Cultural Property."
access: From 'Kyoto sta.' to 'Kamigamo misono bashi' City bus no. 9
Apr 27, 2013
In spring which is the most beautiful season in Kyoto, the Festival will infuse the city during 24 days with photographic images selected from all over the world, being staged in Kyoto-esque sites such as temples and Machiya (Kyoto townhouse). Kyotographie aims at bringing Kyoto city,a city of arts and culture, together with photography and also strives to make photography permeate more in our daily lives by various collaborations with traditional craftsmanship of Kyoto. Every year Kyotographie will present high-quality programs from Kyoto to the world.
- Kodaiji Tacchu Entokuin︱Eikoh Hosoe
- The Museum of Kyoto Annex︱Malick Sidibé
- Onishi Seiwemon Museum︱Seiwemon Onishi
- Yuuhisai Koudoukan︱Nicolas Bouvier
- Saigyo-an︱Shiro Takatani
- Kondaya Genbei Kurogura︱Kate Barry
- Institut Français du Japon — Kansai / Kyoto︱Tadashi Ono
- ARTZONE︱École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie dArles
- Toraya Kyoto Gallery︱The Christian Polak Collection
- ASPHODEL/TOMIYO︱Hasselblad Masters 2012&AIR FRANCE Lounge
- Nijo Castle Ninomaru Palace Kitchen︱CHANEL NEXUS HALL presents NAOKI
- Hyatt Regency Kyoto︱Highlight of KYOTOGRAPHIE
- For more information...
Apr 21, 2013
If you feel like visiting Machu Picchu when you are in Kyoto, Go there!
The Inka Empire Revealed
Century After the Machu Picchu “Discovery”
APR. 16 —JUN.23, 2013
Hours：10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. Fridays until 7:30 p.m (last entry 30 minutes before closing)
Closed：Monday and APR.30 and MAY.7(Open : APR.29 and MAY.6)