Nov 8, 2018

Last month of L'Oeuf before closing for good

Recently I heard this news - "Omu-rice L'Oeuf is closing for good at the end of November" which made me very sad.

L'Oeuf is a hole-in-the-wall restaurant located in between busy Kiyamachi and Pontocho. Decor is very retro, and their Omu-rice (Omuraisu) gives you this nostalgic feeling.
What's Omu-rice? Omurice or omu-rice (Omu-raisu) is an example of yōshoku (a Western-influenced style of Japanese cuisine) consisting of an omelette made with fried rice and usually topped with ketchup.

from Tabelog
I've been there with my colleagues, my family or with my husband, nothing is very fancy but the price is not rip-off (surprising for the prime location), and it's simply so delicious. You might have seen some videos of Omurice restaurant with whole presentation of cutting open the fluffy egg, that's not their style, they don't sell their performance but this real flavor of "Japanese homemade".

L'Oeuf (Japanese pronunciation is like Lufu)
〒604-8013 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, Nakagyo Ward, 先斗町 四条上ル 17番ロジ


No comments:

Post a Comment