Jun 22, 2018

New cultural center called "Neo Sujin"

I don't consider myself as "trend hunter" but my friends in Kyoto always bring me to all the new hot area!

My new favorite spot to hang out is called "Neo Sujin" (Sujin Shinmachi in Japanese) which is located pretty close to Kyoto station, 15 to 20 mins walk from J-Hoppers Kyoto.

I would say it's food stand complex or outdoor dining, which has large number of seats both inside and outside, including standing area in front, and fire place on the back, cool tipi tent as a smoking room!
And their food/drink selection is great - you can enjoy Kyoto burger to local delicacy called Choboyaki which looks similar to Takoyaki, to craft beer to organic wine!








It's not just a dining space, they sometimes have cultural event like Rakugo Japanese sit-down comedy, live-paint, coffee tasting and so on. They even have a Kimono rental shop!

Interesting (and sad) fact about this place is actually they are closing in 2 years when they relocate Kyoto university of art, so you better be hurry!

And surprising to see that they have been already listed on Google Maps saying "Neo sujin town open air beer garden" which is nice! I like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment